Imprecatory Prayer

Discussion on creating and maintaining Conflicts of Law
notmartha

Re: Imprecatory Prayer

Post by notmartha »

Imprecatory Prayer Day 24

Psalm 144:1-15 (KJV)

1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
3 LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
4 Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
7 Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
8 Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
10 It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
11 Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
13 That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
14 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.
15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

Imprecatory Prayer Day 25

Jeremiah 17:14-18 (KJV)

14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
15 Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now.
16 As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.
17 Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil.
18 Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Imprecatory Prayer Day 26

Jeremiah 18:19-23 (KJV)

19 Give heed to me, O LORD, and hearken to the voice of them that contend with me.
20 Shall evil be recompensed for good? for they have digged a pit for my soul. Remember that I stood before thee to speak good for them, and to turn away thy wrath from them.
21 Therefore deliver up their children to the famine, and pour out their blood by the force of the sword; and let their wives be bereaved of their children, and be widows; and let their men be put to death; let their young men be slain by the sword in battle.
22 Let a cry be heard from their houses, when thou shalt bring a troop suddenly upon them: for they have digged a pit to take me, and hid snares for my feet.
23 Yet, LORD, thou knowest all their counsel against me to slay me: forgive not their iniquity, neither blot out their sin from thy sight, but let them be overthrown before thee; deal thus with them in the time of thine anger.
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Imprecatory Prayer Day 27

Lamentations 1:20-22 (KJV)

20 Behold, O LORD; for I am in distress: my bowels are troubled; mine heart is turned within me; for I have grievously rebelled: abroad the sword bereaveth, at home there is as death.
21 They have heard that I sigh: there is none to comfort me: all mine enemies have heard of my trouble; they are glad that thou hast done it: thou wilt bring the day that thou hast called, and they shall be like unto me.
22 Let all their wickedness come before thee; and do unto them, as thou hast done unto me for all my transgressions: for my sighs are many, and my heart is faint.

Imprecatory Prayer Day 28

Lamentations 3:55-66 (KJV)

55 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon.
56 Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry.
57 Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.
58 O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.
59 O LORD, thou hast seen my wrong: judge thou my cause.
60 Thou hast seen all their vengeance and all their imaginations against me.
61 Thou hast heard their reproach, O LORD, and all their imaginations against me;
62 The lips of those that rose up against me, and their device against me all the day.
63 Behold their sitting down, and their rising up; I am their musick.
64 Render unto them a recompence, O LORD, according to the work of their hands.
65 Give them sorrow of heart, thy curse unto them.
66 Persecute and destroy them in anger from under the heavens of the LORD.
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Imprecatory Prayer Day 29

Matthew 23

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Imprecatory Prayer Day 30

Galatians 1:6-9 (KJV)

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Ok, folks. That's all I have. Thanks to those who prayed along with me this past month. If you have any more to add, feel free.
MTKonig

Post by MTKonig »

Imprecatory Prayer - right or wrong under the New (better) Covenant?

must not one first consider one's present relation to the new sacred trust, which was still in expectation yet in the first century? More here:
* New Covenant is a better sacred trust: https://ecclesia.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1291
* best tool for studying the New Covenant Canon: The Kingdom Bible https://ecclesia.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=825

. . . after going thru the introduction and every message that followed... was hoping to find more examples in the new covenant, but there was only one - Matt 23 - i.e. yahshua's imprecatations against the "scribes, pharisees, lawyers, hypocrites".  but what are the implications for when understanding it under the new, better sacred trust... if... that judgment all came to pass on the cross in 33 A.D., and concluded in A.D. 70? ...
. . . is it not a "final judgment" that all who follow the neo-Pharisee path are under today? what need is there for another "cross" to condemn all thru the priority of righteous payment for said judgment? 
see: https://biblehub.com/psalms/98-9.htm
. . . if the world has been judged by the righteousness (of the cross), and the people with equity (psalms 98:9) then is there any reason for calling for a "judgment" that has already been made?
. . .  Is there anything left for man to decide except for how they will be reconciled under this judgment?  e.g. whether than repent, turn away from the bankrupt traditions of men, and return to their abba in heaven...  or not?
. . . is it not a relief that there is no more need for judgment, just the work for reconciliation under the "new heavens, and new earth" (here on earth, as his will is done)?

many called, few chosen. is one clothed in equity? https://ecclesia.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1294
-----------------
greater things you will do: the royal priesthood
https://www.hosfell.org/single-post/way-showers
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

MTKonig wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:33 pm . . . after going thru the introduction and every message that followed... was hoping to find more examples in the new covenant, but there was only one - Matt 23 - i.e. yahshua's imprecatations against the "scribes, pharisees, lawyers, hypocrites".  
There were actually two examples (Matthew 23 and Galatians 1:6-9) but here are a few more for you, from the KJV:

1 Corinthians 16:22 - If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
[Note: Anathema = accursed; Maranatha = exclamation of the approaching divine judgment]

Galatians 1:8-9 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Timothy 4:14 - Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

ETA:

In regards to your other questions, I'd appreciate it if you'd qualify your use of the word "judgment" as there are many biblical meanings, as well as many uses in common speech. I created a Terms of Art page for the word "judgment" to help us be of one mind in interpretation of Scriptures.
MTKonig

Post by MTKonig »

two thoughts re "judgment" come to mind:

Paul said "be imitators of me, as I imitate the anointed-messiah"... With that in mind, we're also told "to judge righteous judgment, not like the hypocrites do (i.e. scribes, neo-pharisees, lawyers, etc.). So with that in mind, what kind of judge is the anointed-messiah, kinsman-redeemer?

Ps 97:9 + Acts 17:31: "He will judge the world with righteousness and the peoples with equity." and
"...judge the world in righteousness by a man whom He (abba in heaven) appointed, having provided a guarantee (surety) to all, having raised Him out from the dead."

This seems to speak of a judge of righteousness with equity who's also our surety. Which is echoed by the admonition (as imitators of Him) to "make one's calling and election sure"... (many are "called", but only few are chosen and called 'friends of the bridegroom', if one makes one's election under abba in heaven thru the kingship of His Son, then how have we "proved our trust thru our deeds" (James 2:18)? Believe these studies help answer this question: studies from "deathisdefeated forum")

So, as imitators of the judge of righteousness, how is one to govern ones' self with equity and right-doing? Here are a few studies on the topic (thru man's interpretations and practices) that help answer this question in part:

1. Why Equity Prevails..."whenever there's a conflict between "common law" and equity, over the same subject matter...equity ALWAYS prevails" (collection of references, quotes and authorities)
2. Why Equity is King, and the Maxims are its Essence (cliffnotes of Gibson's Suits in Chancery 1907)
3. History of Equity (and trusts)

Blinded Justice, with sword in one hand and scales in the other, condemning all in one scale and rewarding all in the other scale, is the divinity of the Courts of law. The divinity of the Courts of Chancery, on the other hand, is open-eyed Equity, having neither sword nor scales, wearing the breast-plates of good reason and good conscience, using both hands to remove all forms, cloaks, veils, technicalities and subterfuges, that conceal or distort the real facts and circumstances of the case before her, separating the pure grains of truth from the straw and chaff of fraud and artifice, and apportioning to each party, whether complainant or defendant, what is good reason and good conscience is his just due.

So how does one move into perfection, under the cloak of righteousness by the finished work and final payment of our anointed-messiah, kinsman redeemer?
... "there is a path far above church-state-money. but how many are willing to give up the games adults play to see with the eyes of a child able to discern the emperor has no clothes? takes a dying to what one thinks one knows, to study a different, narrow path that could lead to a life beyond what one can presently imagine or think: a new earth, a new heavenly administration, a third position. but who's willing to invest in truth over rebellion, escapism, entertainment or distractions from a commercial world to find the liberty of exceptions from all man-made bankrupt traditions?" more at hosfell.org, a fraternal benefit society of way-showers
-----------------
greater things you will do: the royal priesthood
https://www.hosfell.org/single-post/way-showers
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

If there was ever a time to pray imprecatory prayers, that time is now. Here is a printable journal to work your way through 30 imprecatory prayers found in the KJV along with space to record your invocations and thoughts.

May blessings come our way as we pray together.
Attachments
imprecatory prayers journal.pdf
(152.64 KiB) Downloaded 455 times