Law of the gun

Comments about your favorite candidate, the newest PROPOSED law, and the FEMA camp near your hometown should go here.
LEC

Law of the gun

Post by LEC »

Maj.Caudill Makes an important point right from the start. That their are only two ways of dealing with individuals. Reason(contract) and force(force equates to criminality,TD+C )

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.If
you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me
via argument,or force me to do your bidding under threat of force.Every human
interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or
force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through
persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the
only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as
paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and
try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of
force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman
on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on
equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing
with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity
in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a
defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force
equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all
guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed]
mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential
victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no
validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young,
the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society.
A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society
where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that
otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several
ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior
party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal
force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a
bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works
solely in favor of the weaker defender,
not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as
it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a
force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because
I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced,
only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me
to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me
through reason,
only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the
equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can
only be persuaded, never forced.

prophecy

Re: Law of the gun

Post by prophecy »

Seems there is a COMPLETE BREAKDOWN of trust between the US States and the Federal Government !!

Not sure how this is going to end but it will not be good either way - the Americans realise they are being used by their so called "leaders" and backed by the Elite European Royal Families in conjunction with the Central Banks ( Non - Federal Reserve included )

In Europe we just bury our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away ............................................

Texas House Blocks Federal Gun Control 102-31 | Texas Guardian

Texas Guardian
Texas House Blocks Federal Gun Control 102-31
17th May, 2013
created in Montana, it all started with legislation known asThe Firearms Freedom Act (FFA) -- a bill that blocks the federal government from altering gun laws inside the states themselves. As forHouse Bill 928, which received an overwhelming amount of support from both sides of the two party system, it restricts the feds from coming in and regulating everything from firearms to firearm accessories. A selection from the bill itself specifies how state employees may not aid federal officials in the confiscation of any firearm-related items:

“An agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, and a law enforcement officer or other person employed by an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, may not contract with or in any other manner provide assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation purporting to regulate a firearm, a firearm accessory, or firearm ammunition if the statute, order, rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other regulation, such as a capacity or size limitation or a registration requirement, that does not exist under the laws of this state.”

Full list of American states that have or are planning to block the Federal Government ( Washington DC ) from encroaching on their Constitutional right to bear arms :

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/
prophecy

Post by prophecy »

There is a major worldwide concerted effort to get private handgun controls implemented by the powers that be :

UN Move Toward Confiscation of Private Weapons
By: John F. McManus
04/12/2013

The U.S. voted for the UN Arms Trade Treaty in the General Assembly; will the Senate ratify it?

America’s incredibly deficient leadership has exposed itself again. That anyone holding a high position within our government would advocate ceding the people’s rights to the United Nations may be hard to believe. Yet, President Obama, Secretary of State John Kerry, and a sizable number of senators and representatives fit that description regarding the people’s right to keep and bear arms.

When President Obama offered himself for reelection in 2012, he objected to the UN Arms Trade Treaty. But he promptly reversed himself after winning the election, and then appointed John Kerry, a treaty proponent, as secretary of state. As The New American’s Joe Wolverton has stated, “there would be no treaty” if Obama’s previous objections had not been withdrawn.

Full text : http://www.jbs.org/legislation/un-move- ... te-weapons
oracle

Post by oracle »

The European Union is legally bound to play a subserviant role to the United Nations under the terms and conditions of the already signed EU treaty which has countless references to the superior and legally binding role and status of the United Nations ( UN )

Here on the link below are the full text(s) of the European Union Treaty as signed by Her Majesty the Queen on behalf of the UK - there are over 400 pages :

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... ULL:EN:PDF

References to the role and status of the UN can be found on the following pages :

Page 83/17 Article 3 Paragraph 5
Page 83/28 Article 21 Paragraph 1
Page 83/29 Article 21 Paragraph 2C
Page 83/35 Article 34 Paragraph 2
Page 83/38 Article 42 Paragraph 1
Page 83/39 Article 42 Paragraph 7
Page 83/49 Paragraph 8
Page 83/141 Article 208 Paragraph 2
Page 83/143 Article 214 Paragraph 7
Page 83/147 Article 220 Paragraph 1
Page 83/275 Protocol 10 - Paragraph 3
Page 83/275 Protocol 10 - Paragraph 8
Page 83/276 Article 1 Paragraph B

At this point I gave up scanning the following pages - the main message to be drawn is that the UK lost some of her Sovereign powers to the European Union which in turn has ceded some of its powers over to the United Nations ( UN ) - ready for the next step ........................
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

This is a great topic guys… and I could use some of your insight on an issue I’ve been fumbling with lately.

I’ve had a nagging dilemma rolling around in my heads for a few months now, and I’m unsure of how I’ll deal with it when it becomes reality. That dilemma is the issue of gun confiscation.

I really like guns. I have a few. I believe everyone should own at least a couple. I believe it’s a man’s God given right to own them and use them to hunt, for self-defense or defense of others, or any other useful way they could be used as a tool.

I’m a man who believes in standing for what is right, on conviction if you will. I believe that a man should fight to uphold rightful convictions, to be courageous in the face of evil, to make a stand against tyranny.

But I also believe that wisdom should play a big role in a man’s decision to act with force or how strong of a stand he should take against an opposing act of force.

Gun confiscation is coming. Of this I have no doubt. If this were to happen in my lifetime, would I choose to hand over my guns or not?

There are good arguments that suggest that a man should stand and fight to protect his rights and freedoms no matter the cost. I tend to lean toward this line of thought.

There are good arguments, however, and by good Christian men, that suggest that it would be a foolish battle since it is ultimately not the gun that would get my food, or provide defense. It’s the cover and protection of our Lord, Jesus, that would feed and defend my family.

I’m certainly not a fatalist, nor do I wish to sound like one, but is dying over ownership of a gun doing so for Christ? I would not want to fight for a gun simply over pride or because I feel that I deserve to own one. There has got to be more to it.

Make no mistake, I am no pinko-commie-marshmallow, and I Praise Yhwh that He has blessed me with the wits and tools to gather food and defend my family with other means, if necessary. But I feel as though I’m missing a variable to complete the equation. What am I missing? Some lines are clear and defined. Where is the line to take a stand against gun confiscation?

What would you do and why? I welcome your thoughts.

Many Blessings,
Thomas
scott

Post by scott »

Isaiah 54:14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near thee.

There are many ways to stand with conviction and fight for what is right. It might be with a gun or it might be with the sword (the Word of Yahweh). It will all have to with timing, the situation; either way will be between you and your Maker.

Yes, gun confiscation is coming. I would never choose (consent) to give up a God given unalienable right.

Proverbs 30:5 ... He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.

The only foolish battles are the ones not sanctioned by Yahweh. And yes our true protection is from Yahweh and Yahshua the Christ. The Old Testament is full of examples of how Yahweh delivered His people. Sometimes they used weapons, sometimes it was a deliverance only by Yahweh.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Personally, I’m not in ‘ownership’ of any guns. God owns everything by right of Creation. Everything I have is in trust for Yahweh.
Gun confiscation, gold confiscation, mandatory health care, national i.d., all these apply to U.S. Citizens and residents.
We all have to decide where we stand, what kingdom we stand in. Who we serve and what we are about. What law we stand under.

Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

scott a lawful Christian
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Brother scott, I think you hit all the points I would have in answer to brother Thomas questions. I do have firearms myself, that I use manily for target shooting. I also believe in self defense and protecting my family from intruders. Ultimately, we are accoutable to YHWH, and any use of a firearm should never be in dihonor to Him. And as you rightly pointed out; "The only foolish battles are the ones not sanctioned by Yahweh", and we know there are plenty of those.
Psalm 35:4 "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Psalm 9:10 "And they that know your name will put their trust in you: for you, LORD, have not forsaken them that seek you."
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

Thank you, Brothers. I did some serious consideration of gun confiscation the last couple of days and re-read the posts above.

LEC's original post is right on the money. That quote was a good find, LEC!

I'm glad to read in Prophecy's post that some states are taking a stand against this NWO push to ban guns. I was blessed to have a conversation with Y.O.G. yesterday and, if I understand correctly, some Michigan Sheriff's are taking the same stand against this as well. Praise the Lord!

All those laws etc. apply to U.S. citizens, and since I don’t accept that benefit anyway, they don’t apply to me. Thank you, Scott.

I also agree with Michael that the use of a firearm should never be in dishonor of our Lord.

Our American forefathers and countless saints and martyrs fought for Christian Law, Christian principles and against tyranny. After more careful consideration, I feel that I would dishonor them, our Lord, and the principles they fought for if I were to willingly give up my guns. I may not stand on the roof and dare someone to take them, but I certainly won’t gladly hand them over.

One may ask, “After guns, what could be next?” Well, out here in California, it’s already illegal to carry a switchblade, certain folding knives, dirks, daggers, batons, billy clubs, brass knuckles, blackjacks, baseball bats if displayed as a protection measure, and the list goes on. Every item, tool, or stick that can be used to defend against attackers is being made illegal. If that's not a form of tyranny, I don't know what is.

Scripture does not instruct us to throw down or give up our weapons. On the contrary, Jesus tells us in Luke 22:35-36, “And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

That to me is a warrant to bear arms. These men were about ready to go out into the world to spread the Gospel after the death of Jesus. Our Lord sent them away armed for protection. (BTW, I don't buy the liberal argument that Jesus meant the spiritual sword, it does not fit the context.)

I have a duty to honor that instruction. I also have a duty to protect the life and liberty of my family, neighbors and Christian brothers. I will obey the command, “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord, thy God.” This means that I cannot just throw everything to the wind and let myself believe that the Lord will take care of me or my neighbor by some glorious miracles. I need to be prudent and prepared. There are more disasters coming, natural and man-made. I am prepared with food, shelter, fuel, and protection including guns, knives, and even a baseball bat.

Everything I have belongs to our Lord, Jesus. I'm simply a caretaker of His things including the guns. They are not mine to give away to wicked men, they are strangers and have no communion with Him. They can be taken by force, only if He allows it. He will be my guide.

As long as I faithfully stand on Holy ground by bringing honor and glory to our Lord's name, and I realize that my life belongs to Him to do with as He pleases, they can do nothing to me against His will. I readily accept that, whatever the outcome. I will defend His good name and do battle, as he leads, to protect life, liberty, and the Christian way of life.

"A righteous man falling down before the wicked [is as] a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring." Proverbs 25:26

"Blessed [be] the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, [and] my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and [he] in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me." Psalm 114:1-2
Thomas
scott

Post by scott »

AMEN, Brother Thomas !!!!