Militia

Legal paperwork and procedures that are too general to fit in a specific category.
Steven Lee

Militia

Post by Steven Lee »

I'm curious about it. I would like to learn about trustworthy sources to learn about developments traditional militia as we've been called to do by the framers of the constitution. I'd like to know if there is one in maryland. And is it possible that multiple independent militia groups can form in the same state? I'm also curious if people are organizing militia bootcamps. My priority in life is to build real lawful communities. However, independant self governing communities need protection. My thought is that every local comunity needs to have it's own local militia ready to protect it, so maybe establishing militia and communities should be an intertwined project. Maybe militia people might be willing to build the first community. If you are willing to join the militia, you might be a very motivated person. With all my efforts to find willing americans to build community together (invest in land and business) has been fruitless. So I continue my search for more brave americans who know the value of community and cherish it enough to drop everything they're doing to join fellow americans to rebuild this country one brick at a time, and build lifelong trusting relationships.
notmartha

Re: Militia

Post by notmartha »

Steven Lee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am I'm curious about it. I would like to learn about trustworthy sources to learn about developments traditional militia as we've been called to do by the framers of the constitution.
I posted the history of the term “militia” HERE.

I especially recommend reading the Anti-Thought-Control Dictionary:
MILITIA

POPULAR MEANING: A free armed force comprised of private citizens.

ACTUAL MEANING: Originally, "militia" simply meant "a system or organization of military discipline." The term dates back to 1590 and derives from the Latin 'milit" which meant "soldier." Inherently, "militia" connotes no distinction between either a private army or a government army. That distinction may be determined only by the context of its usage.

For instance, to know what the term "militia" meant in the Second Amendment to the Constitution ("A well regulated Militia, ... etc.) one must refer back to Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution which identifies it as "... the Militia of the several States" indicating a militia organized by state government over which, along with the Army and Navy, the President was Commander in Chief.

The point is that the term "militia" is a government term — especially when used in the context of the Constitution or constitutional dictionaries. It neither confers, nor recognizes, private rights or powers of people to be armed for defense or warfare. Neither are your rights to own and bear arms protected by the Second Amendment unless you are in a government militia. The freedom to bear arms can NOT be granted by government. In fact, freedom of any sort cannot be granted. Power to "grant" is power to control, which precludes freedom. Freedom is available only to private individuals who are willing and able to claim it and defend it.
And then read 2 articles by Gregory Allan about the Michigan Militia, in chronological order:

(1996) Where is the Authority for Militias?

(1998) A Cause By Any Other Name
Steven Lee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am I'd like to know if there is one in maryland. And is it possible that multiple independent militia groups can form in the same state? I'm also curious if people are organizing militia bootcamps.
From the context of your post, the militia you refer to would be under the jurisdiction of the federal district called the State of Maryland. The State of Maryland regulates its militia in its CONSTITUTION and its CODES, and deems any militia outside of the jurisdiction of the state or federal government to be “illegal.”

HERE is an interesting Fact Sheet about Unlawful Militias in Maryland, telling people how to rat out anyone they perceive as such.
Steven Lee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am My priority in life is to build real lawful communities. However, independant self governing communities need protection. My thought is that every local comunity needs to have it's own local militia ready to protect it, so maybe establishing militia and communities should be an intertwined project.
Firstly, I want to qualify my use of “self-governing” to the exclusion of man-made government, not God’s. That being said, I agree that independent self-governing communities need protection. Unfortunately, organization leaves great room for infiltration. An organized “militia,” in addition to lacking legitimacy in the eyes of neighbors, will attract every kind of statist for direct access to their perceived opposition. And I don’t really think it is necessary, or even Biblical, for that matter.

A self-governing community begins with a self-governing household. 1 Timothy 5:8 says, “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” Provision includes protection. Each head of the household has a duty to equip and train for that household’s protection and provision, including but not limited to arms, shelter, heat, food, clothing, medical care, discipleship, and skill sets. The head of the household, once he has his own house in order, can reach out to friends, family, and neighbors to encourage, teach, train, equip, and worship. Developing a local economy, including barter of goods and skills, in times of peace, will help greatly transitioning into unstable times. And while you make no mention of faith and/or religion, I believe the public worship of God does more to promote propriety, intelligence, order, peace, and friendship between neighbors, than anything else can.

I believe most morally sound communities will naturally band together in times of trouble. One example is a suburban community in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina. When violent marauders started expanding out of the city, neighborhood men and women got together, gathered their arms, set up watches, shared food and other resources, and kept the criminals out. There were natural leaders and followers. The vulnerable were protected by the less vulnerable. They weren’t organized, or even necessarily skilled, but they all shared the common goal of protection and preservation. I’m sure they learned a lot about themselves and each other with that experience, and made lasting friendships.

If you live in an unsound community (lots of drugs, inbred, libtards, etc.) then I suggest you move. Some people will always and forever lack reason and be more of a liability than an asset. Get as far away from these people as you can.
Steven Lee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am With all my efforts to find willing americans to build community together (invest in land and business) has been fruitless.
If your efforts and desires are for a community with a common purse, sorry to say, but I think it is futile in today’s world. Try finding just one or two people who are truly independent and self-governing (no “benefits” or “privileges” from State), let alone a whole community. And it is usually the slothful and entitled looking to join a commune, to better their station in life, depending on the hard work and generosity of others.
Steven Lee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am So I continue my search for more brave americans who know the value of community and cherish it enough to drop everything they're doing to join fellow americans to rebuild this country one brick at a time, and build lifelong trusting relationships.
There aren’t a lot of people willing and/or able to “drop everything they're doing” because keeping their own households independent and self-governing, without State hammocks err safety nets, is a full time job. However, those who are at least striving to be independent and self-governing are usually happy to share their knowledge (or vegetables, eggs, time, etc.) with those serious in their pursuits of the same.

Some suggestions, to start up more of a community atmosphere:

- There are many kinds of communities – shared kinship, shared interests/hobbies/skills, shared faith, common locality, common bonds, common mission, etc. Some of these communities may overlap. Are you willing to compartmentalize, or do you only want completely likeminded people in your community?
- The idea of community is foreign to the me-me-me people. You’ll have to get people used to the idea. Share a common meal, till a common garden, start small. Invite them, they will come.
- Stay away from anything too organized, contrived, or programmed. It stifles people’s needs for self expression and flexibility.
- Don’t encroach on other’s time – don’t require participation and/or decision making. Assets will naturally offer up help, liabilities can be weeded out.
- Don’t get too personal too quickly – it makes people suspicious of your motives, and they may mistake nurture for nosy.

Bottom line, charity, the action-filled, self-sacrificing agape love of God and neighbor, starts at the home. If our homes are out of order, we can’t build the ecclesia, or the community, or the country.