Arch / Arches

Comprehending laws and contracts is impossible, unless we first learn the meaning of the words and phrases they contain.

Moderator: notmartha

Firestarter

Arch / Arches

Post by Firestarter »

It isn't often that I literally copy-paste what somebody else has written. This was posted by Drew..., who posts on several forums as Prince Arthur.
I've earlier used information he posted (including "his" pictures) in this thread:
Firestarter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 pmHere’s the PDF by Maloney, one of the very few that has attempted an investigation of the Most Noble Order of the Garter: https://pubastrology.files.wordpress.co ... r-v2_3.pdf
viewtopic.php?p=6310#p6310

The ARCH is a word and a structure that features prominently over the millennia……

ARCHES are used extensively in building powerful word constructs and social control structures as well as being used extensively in ARCHitecture and civil engineering.

These power structures are always hierARCHical, often with a single entity at the top known as a monARCH.

The MASONIC control structure has certainly adopted this ARCHitecture and even pretends to be borne out of the stone mason fraternities.

Roman ARCH of Constantine.

In Gnosticism, ARCHons are the builders of the physical universe. Among the ARCHontics, Ophites, Sethians and in the writings of Nag Hammadi library, the ARCHons are rulers, each related to one of seven planets; they prevent souls from leaving the material realm.

Roman ARCH of JANUS.

Roman ARCH of AUGUSTUS

The ARCHers – a long running program through history – not just the BBC….

'SOVEREIGN' - literally means to reign from above.
This is why the MonARCH of a country is referred to as 'Your HIGHNESS'
Then we have
MatriARCHs - a system of society or government ruled by a woman or women
PatriARCHs - a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is reckoned through the male line.
OligARCHs - government by the few, especially despotic power exercised by a small and privileged group for corrupt or selfish purposes.

In these long-running and ARCHaic societal control structures we also have:
ARCH dukes and ARCH duchesses
ARCH bishops
ARCH deacons
ARCH druids
ARCHangels
ARCHitects

SquireARCHies - landowners collectively, especially when considered as a class having political or social influence
mARCHioness - a noblewoman with the rank of marquess, or the wife of a marquess.
mARCHer lords - A Marcher Lord was a noble appointed by the King of England to guard the border between England and Wales. A Marcher Lord was the English equivalent of a margrave or a marquis before the introduction of the title of "marquess" in Britain
ARCHimandrite - the superior of a large monastery or group of monasteries in the Orthodox Church
ARCHaeology or archeology is the study of human activity through the recovery and analysis of material culture. Archaeology is often considered a branch of socio-cultural anthropology, but archaeologists also draw from biological, geological, and environmental systems through their study of the past

TrierARCH - the title of officers who commanded a trireme in the classical Greek world. In Classical Athens, the title was associated with the trierarchy, one of the public offices or liturgies, which were filled by wealthy citizens for a year

HagiARCHy - government by saints, holy men, or men in holy orders

AutARCHic - having and exercising complete political power and control: absolute, absolutistic, arbitrary, autarchical, autocratic, autocratical, despotic, dictatorial, monocratic, totalitarian, tyrannic, tyrannical, tyrannous
HeptARCHy - a collective name applied to the seven kingdoms of Anglo-Saxon England from the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain in the 5th century until the 8th century consolidation into the four kingdoms of Mercia, Northumbria, Wessex and East Anglia.

TetrARCHy - term adopted to describe the system of government of the ancient Roman Empire instituted by Roman Emperor Diocletian in 293, marking the end of the Crisis of the Third Century and the recovery of the Roman Empire
TheARCHy - rule by a god or gods
GynARCHy - rule by women or a woman.
ExARCHate - a Byzantine province governed by an exARCH

All this history was documented by ARCHivists – with old records being kept on pARCHment

At school we are not taught the true meaning of the ARCHway….
By passing through the ARCHway we may be unaware that we are entering into an agreement or contract where we are to be ruled over.
The ‘CONTRACT of the ARCH’ perhaps……

ARCANUM and ARCANA - mysterious or specialized knowledge, language, or information accessible or possessed only by the initiate.

ARCHES in Modern Culture….
The ARCHERS - a British BBC radio soap opera broadcast since 1951. Having aired over 19,300 episodes, it is the world's longest-running drama.
The ARCHERS is set in the fictional village of AmBRIDGE
ARCHing over us - the first ever flighted birds….
ARCHaeopteryx – a genus of bird-like feathered dinosaurs.

More famous ARCHes…
ARCHimedes (c. 287 – c. 212 BC)
Considered to be the greatest mathematician of ancient history, and one of the greatest of all time.
The Fields Medal for outstanding achievement in mathematics carries a portrait of ARCHimedes, along with a carving illustrating his proof on the sphere and the cylinder.
The inscription around the head of ARCHimedes is a quote attributed to him which reads in Latin: Transire suum pectus mundoque potiri.
'RISE ABOVE ONESELF AND GRASP THE WORLD’.

ARCHimedes, Freemasonry and the Moderns Grand Lodge Constitutions.
Frontispiece to the 1723 Edition.

The 1723 edition is well-known for its elaborate frontispiece engraved by John Pine in 1723. It features a classical arcade of John Montagu, the Second Duke of Montagu (Knight of the Garter #532), and the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England (1721-1723), passing the scroll of the "Constitutions" to his 1723 successor, Philip Warton, First Duke of Wharton. Both are attended by their officers. Apollo, god of the sun, charges above in his chariot, symbolizing the meridian height. Behind the gathering is a passageway framed by walls of water - evocative of the parting of the Red Sea.
The 47th proposition of Euclid, is the traditional symbol of a past masters of a Masonic lodge, ARCHhimedes' most famous exclamation is: “Eureka!” (“I have found it!”)
eureka (English) - εύρηκα (Greek)
For some reason internet “search” engines block my posts: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread ... orld/page2

The Order of the Garter rules the world: viewtopic.php?p=5549#p5549
notmartha

Re: Arch / Arches

Post by notmartha »

Excellent post!

Just wanted to add a bit about my preferred use of the root "arch," meaning chief or leader...

Anarchy / Anarchist / Anarchism
Prince Arthur

Post by Prince Arthur »

May be of interest in our seARCH for the truth....

ImageNoahs Ark - A Star Ship Enterprise p1 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

ImageNoahs Ark - A Star Ship Enterprise p2 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

In Abrahamic Religions, NOAH features as the tenth and last of the pre-Flood patriARCHs.
The story is all about the signs of the Zodiac - the Royal ARCH or ARK….

‘NOAH’S ARK of the COVENANT’ PDF Document Download Link:

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress.co ... sion-6.pdf

_https://pubastrology.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/noahs-ark-of-the-covenant-revision-6.pdf
Last edited by Prince Arthur on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Welcome Prince Arthur and thank you for the contributions!

Genesis 1:14-19 (KJV)
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The stars were placed and named long before the Latin names were applied to them, and they were important to people like Noah who depended on them to preserve the stories of history and prophecy.

Not to get off the topic of arches/arcs/arks, as the constellations pass over the arc between rising and setting, this info may be of interest to you:

From the appendix 12 of Bullinger's Companion Bible

download/file.php?id=31

The reason I'm including this is because sometimes in our efforts to reverse engineer the evils that have been done to us, we misapply dirty deeds. Evil people have always been great emulators, as with Janus in your included link, having two faces. Noah had nothing to do with the illuminati, no matter what symbols they stole from his history.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Prince Arthur wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am May be of interest in our seARCH for the truth....
Yeah welcome!
How are things over on Davidicke.com? With Golden Retriever banned (or at least not allowed to post) there aren't many good members left there...
There aren't many good members left on Ronpaulforums.com either.

This is the best on Masonic arches I have to add...
In 1813, Sir John Soane designed the Ark of the Masonic Covenant to hold the "covenant" of the union of the ‘Antient’ and ‘Modern’ Grand Lodges.
In 1883, a fire broke out at the Masonic Hall in Great Queen Street that destroyed the last evidence of Soane’s Ark of the Masonic Covenant.
https://www.architectural-review.com/to ... th-symbols

notmartha wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:58 pmFrom the appendix 12 of Bullinger's Companion Bible

The Stars Also.pdf

The reason I'm including this is because sometimes in our efforts to reverse engineer the evils that have been done to us, we misapply dirty deeds. Evil people have always been great emulators, as with Janus in your included link, having two faces. Noah had nothing to do with the illuminati, no matter what symbols they stole from his history.
This reminds of Prince Arthur's "Pub signs" thread.
Most ENGLISH people are unaware of the connections between OLD PUB SIGNS, the STARS and the SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread ... ed-Banners
For some reason internet “search” engines block my posts: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread ... orld/page2

Prince Arthur

Post by Prince Arthur »

notmartha wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:58 pm
Welcome Prince Arthur and thank you for the contributions!
Firestarter wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:41 pm
Yeah welcome!
To NOTMARTHA and FIRESTARTER.

Thank you for the warm welcome to this forum – much appreciated.

The Genesis quotes and STARS PDF are very informative and certainly resonate with my areas of reseARCH.

ImageWembley Stadium London Illuminated Arch by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

ImageWembley - the old and the new by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

Wembley’s old ‘TWIN TOWERS’ replaced by the new 'ILLUMINATED ARCH'.

The old Wembley Stadium demolished 2002-2003.
New Wembley Stadium opened 2007

Can we read anything into this or am I imagining things?
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Prince Arthur wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:29 pm Can we read anything into this or am I imagining things?
Hmm....What I see is hundreds of arches - windows and entries - being replaced by one large illuminated arch. The older stadium looks distinctly Roman to me, while the new one is more modern.

exoteric meaning - "Look how modern and progressive we are!"
esoteric meaning - "We now have one leader (arch) out of many."
Prince Arthur

Post by Prince Arthur »

notmartha wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:08 pm
Prince Arthur wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:29 pm Can we read anything into this or am I imagining things?
Hmm....What I see is hundreds of arches - windows and entries - being replaced by one large illuminated arch. The older stadium looks distinctly Roman to me, while the new one is more modern.

exoteric meaning - "Look how modern and progressive we are!"
esoteric meaning - "We now have one leader (arch) out of many."
NM - I agree with your analysis entirely.

I've also carried out some additional research on Wembley Stadium, London, England and made the following observations and over-arching connections:

(of course all of this is open to interpretation)...

Wembley Stadium De-Coded

ImageWembley Decoded 1 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

Wembley Stadium – built for the British Empire Exhibition – 1924 to 1925.

The original stadium incorporated the ‘Twin Towers’ and the ’39 Steps’ to the Royal Box allowing the winners to collect their medals and trophies from ‘Your HIGHness’ the Sovereign King or Queen of the Empire.

The stadium's first turf was cut by King George V – monARCH of Great Britain.

The demolition of Wembley’s Twin Towers commenced in December 2002 – a year after the US WTC 911 disaster (Sept 2001).

Wembley’s old Twin Towers would be replaced by a new stadium incorporating a grand ILLUMINATED ARCH spanning the hallowed turf of the Wembley playing field.

The present day stadium was opened in 2007 – symbolically a new SOLOMON’S TEMPLE of WORSHIP for the EMPIRE complete with a metaphorical ‘ARK of the COVENANT’ – the ILLUMINATED ARCH.

Oddly, the new Wembley Stadium in London, England appears to symbolize the progressive AMERICA of the 21st Century – PACIFIC CRESCENT on the WEST and ATLANTIC CRESCENT to the EAST.

The ‘GRAND ILLUMINATED ARCH’ spanning COAST to COAST….

ImageWembley Decoded 2 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

21st Century AMERICA now firmly under CONTRACT with the monARCHy…?

(The original stadium's distinctive Twin Towers became its trademark and nickname. Also well known were the 39 steps needed to be climbed to reach the Royal box and collect a trophy (and winners'/losers' medals). Wembley was the first pitch to be referred to as "Hallowed Turf", with many stadia around the world borrowing this phrase).

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress.co ... sion-6.pdf

_https://pubastrology.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/noahs-ark-of-the-covenant-revision-6.pdf

On a biblical narrative, SAMSON (Hebrew: "MAN of the SUN") was the last of the judges of the ancient Israelites mentioned in the Book of Judges (chapters 13 to 16) and one of the last leaders who "judged" Israel before the institution of the monARCHy.

SAMSON collapsed the PHILISTINES’ Temple by bringing down the COLUMNS.

The suggested metaphor for Wembley Stadium being that the PHILISTINES’ Temple of DAGON was replaced by the new Temple of SOLOMON resplendent with the ARK of the COVENANT.
Last edited by Prince Arthur on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Prince Arthur wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:34 pmThe original stadium incorporated the ‘Twin Towers’ and the ’39 Steps’ to the Royal Box allowing the winners to collect their medals and trophies from ‘Your HIGHness’ the Sovereign King or Queen of the Empire.
Since I've looked into symbolism, I sometimes look at the buildings in my home town of Amsterdam, trying to figure out what it all means...
I see a lot of arches. Often as sort of a hall around (or above) the door opening.

A lot of these arches seem like variations of the twin pillars in freemasonry (twin towers).
The official meaning of these pillars is that they represent Boaz and Joachim (I doubt this explanation)...

One of the striking buildings in Amsterdam, filled with strange symbols is the Centraal Station. I have deliberated posting about this, but I never did until now.

See the Centraal Station in Amsterdam. On the sides are the twin towers.
There are also arches above the windows.

See a close up of the tower in the middle, with what looks like the coat of arms of the House of Orange, with the lions of Judah. The Dutch Crown at the centre of the pillars of freemasonry.
And below it the coat of arms of Amsterdam and to its sides the coat of arms of London (to its left, west) and Berlin (to its right). Amsterdam at the centre of London and Berlin, and with it the world...

This is a close up of the relief at the right (east) tower.
Mercurius, Minerva, Neptunus
Scheepvaart, Visserij, Zeehandel
Welvaart, Verbroedering, Beschaving

Passages under the railway are often in the shape of an arch. The inside of the building has many arches.

See the trolls on the roof of the Centraal Station.
https://archive.is/6Y2Zm

There were also 22 stone statues of lions (always lions!) on the railway viaducts around the Centraal Station that have since been removed.
Even the building over the platform for the trains is in the shape of an arch.
https://onh.nl/verhaal/de-22-leeuwen-va ... -station-1

Both the Centraal Station and Rijksmuseum (both from the 1880s) were designed by "church architect" Pierre Cuypers...
One of the most noticeable things about the Rijksmuseum is the bikes road (with the 3 arches) going under it, and the inevitable twin towers.
The picture is from before the road leading to it was made into a field of grass.

At the other side of the Museumplein is the Concertgebouw (also from the 1880s), which looks like a temple, with the 6 pillars holding up the triangle and 4 towers at the corners.
This is a picture from a long time ago (19th century?) when it was still surrounded by water.

notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:56 pm
Prince Arthur wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:34 pmThe original stadium incorporated the ‘Twin Towers’ and the ’39 Steps’ to the Royal Box allowing the winners to collect their medals and trophies from ‘Your HIGHness’ the Sovereign King or Queen of the Empire.
Since I've looked into symbolism, I sometimes look at the buildings in my home town of Amsterdam, trying to figure out what it all means...
I see a lot of arches. Often as sort of a hall around (or above) the door opening.

A lot of these arches seem like variations of the twin pillars in freemasonry (twin towers).
The official meaning of these pillars is that they represent Boaz and Joachim (I doubt this explanation)...
There seem to be quite a few interpretations of the twin pillars/towers/columns.

In The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall, Gemini the twins are credited:
The constellation of Gemini is generally represented as two small children, who, according to the ancients, were born out of eggs, possibly the ones that the Bull broke with his horns. The stories concerning Castor and Pollux, and Romulus and Remus, may be the result of amplifying the myths of these celestial Twins. The symbols of Gemini have passed through many modifications. The one used by the Arabians was the peacock. Two of the important stars in the constellation of Gemini still bear the names of Castor and Pollux. The sign of Gemini is supposed to have been the patron of phallic worship, and the two obelisks, or pillars, in front of temples and churches convey the same symbolism as the Twins.
But he also had this to say:
The right Tablet of the Law further signifies Jachin--the white pillar of light; the left Tablet, Boaz--the shadowy pillar of darkness. These were the names of the two pillars cast from brass set up on the porch of King Solomon's Temple. They were eighteen cubits in height and beautifully ornamented with wreaths of chainwork, nets, and
pomegranates. On the top of each pillar was a large bowl--now erroneously called a ball or globe--one of the bowls probably containing fire and the other water. The celestial globe (originally the bowl of fire), surmounting the right-hand column (Jachin), symbolized the divine man; the terrestrial globe (the bowl of water), surmounting the lefthand column (Boaz), signified the earthly man. These two pillars respectively connote also the active and the passive expressions of Divine Energy, the sun and the moon, sulphur and salt, good and bad, light and darkness. Between them is the door leading into the House of God, and standing thus at the gates of Sanctuary they are a reminder that Jehovah is both an androgynous and an anthropomorphic deity. As two parallel columns they denote the zodiacal signs of Cancer and Capricorn, which were formerly placed in the chamber of initiation to represent birth and death--the extremes of physical life. They accordingly signify the summer and the winter solstices, now known to Freemasons under the comparatively modern appellation of the "two St. Johns."
In the mysterious Sephirothic Tree of the Jews, these two pillars symbolize Mercy and Severity. Standing before the gate of King Solomon's Temple, these columns had the same symbolic import as the obelisks before the sanctuaries of Egypt. When interpreted Qabbalistically, the names of the two pillars mean "In strength shall My House be established. "In the splendor of mental and spiritual illumination, the High Priest stood between the pillars as a mute witness to the perfect virtue of equilibrium--that hypothetical point equidistant from all extremes. He thus personified the divine nature of man in the midst of his compound constitution--the mysterious Pythagorean Monad in the presence of the Duad. On one side towered the stupendous column of the intellect; on the other, the brazen pillar of the flesh. Midway between these two stands the glorified wise man, but he cannot reach this high estate without first suffering upon the cross made by joining these pillars together. The early Jews occasionally represented the two pillars, Jachin and Boaz, as the legs of Jehovah, thereby signifying to the modern philosopher that Wisdom and Love, in their most exalted sense, support the whole order of creation--both mundane and supermundane.
In The Book of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry: Containing Instructions in All the Degrees, From the Third to the Thirtythird, And Last Degree of the Rite by Charles T. McClenachan, 1914 credit is given to Enoch II (not to be confused with Enoch I:
Enoch also knew of the upcoming Deluge, and he covered his Temple with stone, closing it with
a great ring of iron. He also placed two columns on a high hill: a granite one engraved with a
description of the subterr- anean vaults, and a brass one engraved with the "rudiments of the arts and sciences." The brass column was found by Noah, but the granite column was washed away by the Flood, thus concealing the Name until God told it to Moses (who again engraved it in gold and placed it in the Ark of the Covenant).
The Works Of Flavius Josephus., The Antiquities Of The Jews, Book I, Chapter 2 also credits Children of Seth, which would be Enoch II:
Now this Seth, when he was brought up, and came to those years in which he could discern what was good, became a virtuous man; and as he was himself of an excellent character, so did he leave children behind him who imitated his virtues.(9) All these proved to be of good dispositions. They also inhabited the same country without dissensions, and in a happy condition, without any misfortunes falling upon them, till they died. They also were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies, and their order. And that their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire, and at another time by the violence and quantity of water, they made two pillars, (10) the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain, and exhibit those discoveries to mankind; and also inform them that there was another pillar of brick erected by them. Now this remains in the land of Siriad to this day.
Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry too credits Enoch II:
The Legend proceeds to inform us that after Enoch had finished the construction of the nine vaults, fearing that the principles of the arts and sciences which he had assiduously cultivated would be lost in that universal deluge of which he had received a prophetic vision, he erected above-ground two pillars, one of marble, to withstand the destructive influences of foe, and one of brass, to resist the ac6on of water ()n the pillar of brass he engraved the history of the creation, the principles of the arts and sciences, and the doctrines of Speculative Masonry as they were then practiced; and on the pillar of marble he inscribed in hieroglyphic characters the information that near the spot where they stood a precious treasure was deposited in a subterranean vault.
Matthew Cooke Manuscript, c1450 however credits Enoch I's descendants (son of Cain, not offspring of Seth):
And these four brethren [of Lamech] knew that God would take vengeance for sin, either by fire or water. And they were much concerned how to save the sciences they had discovered, and they took counsel together and exercised all their wits. And they said there were two kinds of stone of such virtue that the one would not burn, called marble, and the other named "Lacerus" would not sink in water. And so they devised to write all the sciences they had found on these two stones, so that if God took vengeance by fire the marble would not burn, and if by water the other would not drown, and they besought their elder brother Jabal to make two pillars of these two stones, that is of marble and of "Lacerus," and to write on the two pillars all the sciences and crafts which they had found and he did so. And therefore we may say that he was the wisest in science, for he first began and carried out their purpose before Noah’s flood.
Fortunately knowing of the vengeance that God would send, the brethren knew not whether it would be by fire or water. They knew by a sort of prophecy that God would send one or the other, and therefore they wrote their sciences on the two pillars of stone. And some men say that they wrote on the stones all the seven sciences, but [this I affirm not].
Confusing, huh? I'm sure the freemasons were in quite the predicament when their traditions held that Enoch II (from Seth) was the inspiration of the "craft" until the Cooke manuscripts were discovered, predating all the tradition, claiming Enoch I (son of Cain) was the inspiration. They basically decided to write it all off as "fable" because they couldn't have this good ol' "Christian" fraternity connected to the evil Cain. Which is why, in my opinion, there is so much discrepancy as to who to credit the towers to.

I have more on the 2 Enochs if anybody is interested...
Prince Arthur wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:34 pm (The original stadium's distinctive Twin Towers became its trademark and nickname. Also well known were the 39 steps needed to be climbed to reach the Royal box and collect a trophy (and winners'/losers' medals). Wembley was the first pitch to be referred to as "Hallowed Turf", with many stadia around the world borrowing this phrase).
Curious if the steps were in 3 groups of 13?