Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Closely related to self-defense, this Board focuses in other aspects such as Communications, and Financial.
iamfreeru2

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Post by iamfreeru2 »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/187- ... c-hit-man/

A very interesting discussion between Lew Rockwell and John Perkins. There is hope for the country, but not at the hands of "We the People". America's only hope is Yeshua. Unfortunately, most look to man instead of the King.
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
editor
Site Admin

Re: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Post by editor »

I'll be several weeks in the land of low bandwidth. Any highpoints in the discussion you'd like to share?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Lew Rockwell: ...So when you were working for Main, you worked with the World Bank, with the International Monetary Fund, with the United Nations and other similar wonderful organizations on behalf of the big corporations connected to the U.S. government. What exactly did they have you do? I mean, what did your job as an economic hitman, as you so eloquently put it — you know, what did you do?

John Perkins: Well, essentially — and we did a lot of things, but I think probably the generic version — (laughing) — is that we would identify a country with resources that the corporations coveted, like oil, and then arrange a huge loan to that country from the World Bank or one of its sister organizations, USAID or Inter-American Development Bank, but the money would never actually go to that country. Instead, it would go to our own corporations to build big infrastructure projects in that country — power plants, industrial parks, highways — things that would benefit a few wealthy families in that country but not the majority of the people. Because the majority of the people couldn’t afford electricity, they didn’t have cars to drive on the highways, and industrial parks don’t hire many people anyway. So the wealthy people would benefit. Mostly, our own corporations would benefit. And then the country would be left holding a huge debt that it couldn’t repay. And at that point, we’ve basically got them. You know, they become our slave. Actually, we can say, you know, you owe us a lot of money, you can’t pay your debts, so sell your oil to us real cheap without any environmental restrictions, vote with us on a critical United Nations bill, let us build a military base on your soil.

And in the few instances where the leaders of these countries didn’t go along with us — and I talk in my books about how Jaime Roldos, the democratically elected president of Ecuador, refused to buy into these deals. He had a lot of integrity. And Omar Torrijos of Panama likewise. I couldn’t bring them around. I couldn’t corrupt them. In these instances, the jackals go in and they either overthrow governments or assassinate them. Both Roldos of Ecuador and Torrijos of Panama were assassinated because they didn’t buy into the deal.

Just last year, President Zelayah, a democratically elected president of Honduras, was overthrown because he wouldn’t buy into the deals that Chiquita, Dole, Kraft and Russell Athletic wanted him to buy into. It’s continuing to happen.
Perkins believes "We the People" is the solution.

Here is a short 5 minute video from Perkins: "America's Secret Empire".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JCJ4pIFEw&feature=fvw
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Thanks for posting that, Michael.

I've known about this for a long time. Larry Abraham, Gary North, and Howard Ruff used to write about the banks all the way back in the seventies.

Have you read "The Greening" in our Reading Room?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Not yet Gregory. Just too man irons in the fire I guess. I will get around to it. I did get a copy of Letters to Jessica that I thought I hadn't read before, but recognized some of it when I read it the other day. I guess maybe my old age is catching up to me. LOL!!!