The 2nd Amendment

Gun rights vs. gun control. Second Amendment.
GeorgeWashington

The 2nd Amendment

Post by GeorgeWashington »

It is my understand that, in a nutshell, the second amendment guarantees us the "right to bear arms", which could also be stated as "the right to carry the arms of the common infantry man of the day." To me it is clear that since our military carries AR's and in many other countries the AK is carried, both should be 100% legal.
editor
Site Admin

Re: The 2nd Amendment

Post by editor »

George,

I suggest this simple change in perspective, to your understanding of the Second Amendment:

God gave us the inherent right to protect ourselves and our families by whatever means necessary. The Second Amendment is an official recognition of that right, together with a guaranty that the government will never seek to deprive us of our God-given right of self-defense.

Any honest law professor must agree that this includes, as you have said, the common arms of the modern infantryman. Not only ARs and AKs, but also hand-held surface to air missiles, mortars, grenades, and any other item normally carried by an infantryman.

One of the reasons Switzerland has been able to remain neutral for so many years, is that all men of militia-age, in all households, are REQUIRED by law to own a fully automatic rifle, with sufficient ammunition, kept in the house at all times. Makes anyone who might be thinking of invading Switzerland want to think twice, huh?

Bottom line is, any government which seeks to disarm its people is guilty of intent to commit genocide. It does not matter whether so-called lawful procedures were followed to pass a "law" which authorizes gun confiscation. The right to defend ourselves is God-given, and man cannot repeal God's law, no matter how man might go about it. Such a law is, therefore, not legitimate. Further, a government which purports to pass such a law has thereby surrendered its own claim of legitimacy.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
scott

Post by scott »

Amen!
Just another reason why any God fearing man needs to be taking a very serious look at who they are, Who they serve, what they are about and what law they obey.
scott
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

I'll second that Amen!!!
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

You have my "Amen!" as well. Well stated, Gregory.
Thomas
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

One more comment I would like to make, and is in reference to what Gregory said:
"Bottom line is, any government which seeks to disarm its people is guilty of intent to commit genocide.
I think one of the problems we have as a people is things we state. In other words, opening our mouths and inserting foot when we don't even realize it. I know I do that quite often and have had to catch myself many times. I have been part of a group where we have helped each other realize we use terms that we should not, like the one quoted by Gregory above. It seems very harmless, but is it really? Are we government's people? Are we somehow giving credence that government has jurisdiction over us when we use such terms? We really need to be careful what comes out of our mouths, even when we are speaking with brethren.
Matthew 15:11 "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."
I am in total agreement with what Gregory posted. I just believe we need to be more careful of our words. If we start talking among ourselves, being careful of our words, we can never be tripped up when confronted by the so-called PTB. I mean, wasn't Yeshua Himself careful of the words He used? Something all of us should consider, IMHO.

May YHWH richly bless you.
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Thanks for that clarification.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com