501c3 church incorporation?

So there's something you just HAVE to get off your chest, and it doesn't fit into any of the above catagories? All spam, rants, and random chatter belongs in here.
Thomas Jeffrey

Re: 501c3 church incorporation?

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

I think we're in agreement with you, Scott. But this is an interesting study in where the "tithe" went and what is considered an "increase".
Thomas
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

scott wrote:Brothers in Christ,
I have learned that I am not going to tell anyone how or how much to tithe any more than I am going to tell them how and when they need to keep the Sabbath day.
For any one to do either based on anything other than how Christ is leading you in the matter immediately turns into a type of Phariseeism.
With Christ being your Savior, He will give you wisdom in how much or how little to tithe and be well pleased.
Scott
Brother scott,

I for one, am in total agreement with you. Tithing and even offerings are between the one giving and Yeshua. It is a private matter. I am amazed at the number of people that give because of a "tax" deduction, and not because of their love for Messiah. When I used to attend a "church" I always gave without giving a name or anything else. I gave because I wanted too, not because I felt obligated. However, I do believe any tithe should be from an increase and always of substance.
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
scott

Post by scott »

I am all for increasing wisdom and knowledge.
Halleluyah.
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Dear Brothers,

Here is a series of videos from John Weaver on the "Christian and Civl Government". Many of the 501c3 "churches" haven't a clue what Roman's 13 is all about. Each video in the six part series is about 10:00 minutes. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMF04YRf ... F69ED7882F
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

In the matter of tithing, according to Hebrews 7, the law of tithing (giving a tenth of the increase) has been abolished as a carnal commandment of the Levitical priesthood.

However, other passages teach that giving to the needy, the poor and worthy men who labor in the teaching and edification of the Church is even honorable. There is no more burden of tithing:
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Just thought I'd share.

Blessings,
Thomas