Alex Jones - legitimate news, or propaganda outlet?

So there's something you just HAVE to get off your chest, and it doesn't fit into any of the above catagories? All spam, rants, and random chatter belongs in here.
iamfreeru2

Re: July 4th Armed Protest in Washington D.C.

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Alex Jones has been caught on a number of occasions disrupting freedom loving people's protests and can be found on youtube. I hate to say it, but I believe Alex is nothing more than a shill. I believe he gives only the appearance of being a true freedom fighter, but that is all. Many of us that have been in this movement for over 20 years believe this to be so. I have serious reservations re Alex Jones.

I give Glenn Beck more legitimacy that Alex Jones.
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

I've looked at a lot of Youtube videos with Alex Jones in them. Even the ones posted by his detractors. I haven't seen anything like what you are describing. Link?

I used to like Glenn Beck, when he was on Fox. I made excuses for him, saying he was telling as much of the truth as mainstream media would allow. I even hoped he would become less naive over time. I subscribed to his internet show when he left Fox. He didn't get smarter. And his internet show is a platform from which he could tell all the truth he wants, but it isn't happening. I let my subscription drop.

iamfreeru2, you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm wondering-- can you really give more legitimacy to a man (Beck) who says anyone who thinks 9/11 was a false flag is a kook, over a man (Jones) who will openly run videos and powerpoints showing why it cannot possibly have gone down the way the government says?

When Jones broke the story about DHS purchasing 1.6 billion rounds of ammo (now over 2 billion), Beck predictably called Jones a kook (I saw the clip). Weeks later, after many failed denials, Janet Napolitano finally admitted the purchases were real. Who was the more credible source?

I could give many examples, but I encourage the reader to do his own research. A subscription to prisonplanet.tv is six bucks a month, and well worth it in my opinion. But you can view most of their videos on Youtube if you're willing to wait a day or two. All I'm saying is, don't dismiss Jones as a kook or a shill, just because that's what you hear other people saying. Watch his videos over a period of a few months, and judge for yourself.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

I won't belabor this subject any longer. I will just state my opinion is based on my observations.

I will try to find some links for you on youtube re Alex.
Last edited by iamfreeru2 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

I have three videos on my forum that are the reasons I do not follow Alex Jones. I won't say any more about it. Just click on the link to view the videos.

http://praisehim247.freeforums.org/alex ... d-t98.html
editor
Site Admin

Alex Jones - legitimate news, or propaganda outlet?

Post by editor »

I've moved part of the "July 4th (2013) Armed March" thread to this place, so as to keep the Forum better organized.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Re: Alex Jones - legitimate news, or propaganda outlet?

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Sorry Gegory, the only reason I brought up Alex Jones is because Infowars was in your post in the other thread. It is not my intention to rub anyone the wrong way, but to share what I see as being truth. Just remember, everything is not as it appears. Like the videos point out, it is not what Jones says, it is what he won't say.
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

I've moved this thread to a new place in the Forum because it has obviously gone beyond it's original scope, which was simply discussion on a planned event which Alex Jones reported.

This is in response to iamfreeru2, and his May 27 post, wherein he gives us a link to three videos which, he says, prove that no one should ever watch Alex Jones.

iamfreeru2, I appreciate your participation on this Forum, and I think your presence here is positive overall. However, I must take serious issue with what you've done here.

On May 18, you alleged (among other things) you'd seen videos on Youtube, wherein Alex Jones disrupted protests. Your overall point was that you mistrust Jones. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I would never bring you to task for voicing yours here. That is, after all, the purpose of this Forum.

I posted a follow-up to your comments, on the same day, in which I asked you to provide links to the videos you'd mentioned. I presume this is what you were responding to, when you posted the links on May 27.

I watched all three videos. I consider them to be much more than a waste of about forty-five minutes I will never get back. You also did me the favor of vividly bringing back a memory that made me very angry. For this I thank you, because it gives me this opportunity to share my thoughts with our readers.

I've written before about the provocateurs who tried, and eventually succeeded in bringing down Christ county. The man who finally succeeded, an alleged "pastor", poisoned the minds of many in our group with the theory of Christian Identity (CI). This is basically the idea that white people are superior to all others, and are God's chosen people. Everyone else is lumped into the catagory of "mud people", and can all go to hell as far as CI followers are concerned.

I suppose we were a good target for this sort of poison. All our members were white, which had much more to do with the fact that we were based in northern Michigan, than any actual racial bias. There simply aren't many black folks there.

This went on completely behind my back. The "good pastor" was smart enough to never approach me directly. At the time, I was traveling quite a bit, forging alliances with other groups. I met with leaders of native indian tribes, and several black leaders. My thinking was, "Hey, we are all victims of the same international crime syndicate / banking cartel. It is in the enemy's best interest that we be divided. Let's work together."

The pastor used my willingness to sit down with these groups, as evidence that I must be an agent provocateur, working with the enemy to bring about the destruction of "true Christians". This tactic was only partly successful, but it had the effect of sowing seeds of doubt. In the end, the time-tested tactic of divide and conquer won again.

Unless you have been in my position, and had these tactics waged against you, I doubt you can properly assess just how angry it made me. I've had more than ten years to cool off, but your three videos brought that memory back into vivid reality.

It would have been reasonable to think that somewhere within forty-five minutes of video, made with the express intent of bashing Alex Jones, Jones would have actually been displayed speaking, or doing something of interest. Jones never appears in this video, with the exception of several heavily photoshopped still images.

The audio stream in this video contains a radio interview of Eric Jon Phelps, done by Lenny Bloom, on a show called Cloak and Daggar. The accompanying video is a series of still images, comprised of photographs and illustrations. I would estimate that at least half the photos are photoshopped. This video is a hatchet job of the most vile and dispicable nature.

It is clear from the outset that Phelps' mission in life is to expose and vilify the Roman Catholic Church, and all those associated with them. These include Jesuits, Franciscans, and Knights of Malta. Phelps alleges that Jones is an asset of the Jesuits, and should therefore be completely discredited.

Lest you start down the predictable path of charging me with being a Jesuit sympathizer, I will state now, for the record, that I have no love for the Roman Catholic Church. My own research has taught me that the Vatican is one of the major players in world politics, and a prime player in the quest for global domination. However, I despise them no more, or less, than the Rothschild Bank of London, Goldman Sachs, the Bilderbergs, the Council on Foreign Relations, or anyone else who wants to enslave me.

It might seem ridiculous that I would need to say this, given the clear content of my essays on lawfulpath.com. Merely writing an essay such as this one, which could be construed as defending Alex Jones, surely could not be used as evidence that I am a Jesuit, right? This, my friends, is exactly what Phelps and Bloom have done with Alex Jones.

Rather than offer any video or audio evidence of Jones' own actions, the videos are a collection of heresay, unsubstantiated allegations, and worst of all, guilt-by-association profiles of everyone BUT Jones. A brief summary...

* Bloom says he appeared on Jones' show with Sherman Skolnick. Bloom and Skolnick wanted to discuss Rome/Vatican topics, Jones refused.

* Phelps alleges the co-author of the Patriot Act is a man named Viet Dign (sp?), who Phelps also alleges is a Catholic. Jones is portayed as evil because he has never reported on this alleged conspiracy.

* Phelps alleges that Jones is evil because he won't report that the founder of the Department of Homeland Security is allegedly a Jesuit.

* Jones is said to have "publicly lauded" Martin Sheen's work. A brief profile of Sheen follows, wherein we are told that Sheen took his name from Bishop Fulton Sheen, who is said to have been a "sinister individual", and a Jesuit. We are asked to take notice of Sheens connection to a Jesuit, and Jones' connection to Sheen.

* Jones had Pat Buchannan as a frequent guest on his show, presumably when Buchannan was running for president. Buchannan is said to be a Knight of Malta (I've read this before myself), and a right-wing Roman Catholic "trained by Jesuits". Phelps calls him the "Dean of Fascism in America" (who comes up with this stuff?). Phelps says he once tried to get Buchannan to talk about the Federal Reserve, and Buchannan turned his back on Phelps (hmmm, big surprise there, huh?). Buchannan, says Phelps, is friends with John McLaughlin, and co-founded the McLaughlin Group. McLaughlin is described as "evil... just look at his body language." Jones is also evil. Why? Because Buchannan is connected by association to McLaughlin, and Jones hosted Buchannan on his show.

* Jones once spoke at St. Edwards University, and called it a "fine institution." <sarcasm>Well, if nothing else convinced me, I guess this one did.</sarcasm>

* Jones once interviewed David Mayer de Rothschild on the topic of global warming. "And so we can see that Jones is affiliated with the Rothschilds." OMG! Really?

* Jones once called Henry Kissinger a "king maker". Conclusive evidence, says Phelps, that Jones is a Jesuit.

* Bloom says an unidentified woman once called his show and said she was at a 9/11 Truth rally where they were giving away books about the Jesuits, and Jones wouldn't take any books.

* Alex once allegedly said something bad about King Henry VIII. Since Henry was responsible for the split between the Vatican and England, thereby founding the Anglican Church, Henry is the hero of anyone who hates the Catholics. Shame on Alex.

* Something at the end about the GCN, host of Jones' radio show, not allowing Phelps to come on another of GCN's shows and bash Jones. Positive proof of conspiracy there, folks. Obviously the GCN network is in the thrall of the Jesuits.

You might think there is more, but that is really it. In five minutes, you've just read a full synopsis of a forty-five minute piece of trash. My apologies, for putting you through it. Oh, I should point out that at 4:24 in the first video, both Bloom and Phelps agree that, "On all the low-level stuff, [Jones] is right." Of course it's already clear by then that anything which doesn't mention the Vatican is low-level stuff to these guys.

Am I the only one who is disgusted by these tactics? This video was made to target people who have a limited capacity for deductive reasoning. They haven't the courage to attack Jones head-on. They haven't the decency to call a single thing he has actually said into question. It's all about what he hasn't said.

This is a common tactic, frequently engaged in by agents provocateur. I keep an open mind with anyone in the beginning, but Bloom and Phelps, by their use of these tactics, have completely blown it with me. This video is a disgrace, and leaves these two with zero credibility.

By which, iamfreeru2, I do not mean to directly disparage YOU. You may have other reasons for not liking Jones. I certainly hope so, because I'd like to have more regard for you than to believe... well, you did like this video enough to actually put it up on your own site. Sorry, dude, I call them as I see them.

You say you do not "...follow Jones." I don't follow him either. Jones himself, would not want me to. I see infowars.com as a source for news and information. It's hard to find sources for news which are not riddled with propaganda. No matter where I get my news, I compare with other sources; apply my own discernment; and at least partially reserve judgment.

Where do you get your news? You say you trust Glenn Beck more than Jones, but does Beck see a problem with the official story of 9/11? Does he call for an end to FED? No, but Jones does.

I used to do a lot of speaking to large crowds. Several times I posed this question: "Show of hands... how many people have been actual witnesses to a news event which appeared in newspapers or television news?" In a crowd of 500, about 40%. "Okay, everyone, keep your hands up, and look around the room at the number of hands. Now, those of you who believe the newspaper or television accurately reported the substance of that story, keep your hands up. Everyone else put them down. Now look around again." The result? Zero hands up.

The purpose of the exercise was to teach people that the few stories they had knowledge of, that the news agencies got wrong, were not the anomoly, they were the norm.

I do not believe that Alex Jones / Infowars always gets it right. But they get it right more often than any other news source I know. And I believe they try to always get it right, and will correct themselves if they find they've made a mistake. I'm the same way, and if I ever decide I'm wrong about Jones I'll say so.

One of the things I really enjoy about Jones' shows is the interviews. I haven't seen an interview with a Rothschild, but I know that Jones isn't opposed to interviewing people with whom he does not agree. Unlike some people, I guess, it is not necessary for me to agree with a guest, for me to be interested in what he has to say.

Jones' interviews are so much better than the ten-minute soundbites we get from mainstream media. They last thirty minutes to an hour. Instead of hitting the guest with a bunch of questions, Jones just lets him talk. By the end of the interview, the viewer gets the impression he knows something about the guest. Almost as though he got to visit with him for an hour in his own livingroom.

If that holds true for all guests except those who want to talk about conspiracies within the Roman Catholic Church, then I'll take it. Until something better comes along.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

I had made a post, but deleted it. All I have to say is, there were things brought up in your post whereby you thanked me for bringing angry thoughts back to your memory. What has that got to do with Alex Jones? I am sorry you had unpleasant feelings brought back to the surface, but I am not the cause.

I have years of listening to Jones and viewing videos he claims to be truth, and I know for a fact they are not. Does he have credible people on his show? Yes. Does that make him somehow legitimate?

2 Corinthians 11:14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

I hope you do not believe his video on the Bohemian Grove and the occult to be fact? I know it to be false. I lived in California, Sonoma County, where the Bohemian Grove is located. Where in those videos is there any evidence that any of the people Jones claims to have been there were in fact there doing occult rituals? My home was about 15 miles from the Grove and I frequented the area quite often and knew people that worked there.

Now you have the right to believe what you want. You can watch all the videos you want, and watch all the news on infowars you want as well. That does not mean Alex Jones is not spreading what the NWO wants him too.

I won't bring Alex Jones up again. I will just say I have seen the other side of Alex Jones and leave it at that. If I am wrong I will admit it myself, but I do not believe I am.
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

BTW, I know all about "Christian Identity" and its lie. The only truth it espouses is YHWH does have a chosen people, but it is not limited to "white" people.

Deuteronomy 7:6-7 "For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:"

Ephesians 1:4 "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"

There is no "free will" as Scripture teaches just the opposite. In YHWH's choosing, however, it matters not whether one is black, purple, yellow or green. He chose according to His Sovereign will, not man's (see John 1:13). Also Ephesians 1:11 "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will:"

Here is a link to an article on the subject if you care to read it.

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/a ... nfree.html
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

It's really simple. I have no animosity towards you, iamfreeru2, I am merely holding you to a higher standard.

You've drawn attention to my comment about my own anger with your tactics, and said "What has this to do with Alex Jones?" You are correct. My feelings about your tactics have nothing to do with Jones.

Likewise, your argument against Jones has had absolutely nothing to do with Jones. Not one scrap. You have made allegations against Jones. In spite of repeated requests by me for actual evidence, you have produced nothing but heresay, third-party character assassination, and SMOKE.

I had never seen the Bohemian Grove video until you mentioned it. Do I believe it? I neither believe or disbelieve it. Jones seems to have done some good research. I know from having read numerous other sources that many people, such as high-level Freemasons, have occultist beliefs. Much of what Jones reports is admitted by some of the people mentioned in his report, and that comes from other news sources. It's plausible.

Without further study, your first-person comment that you lived 15 miles from the Grove doesn't carry a whole lot of weight. Plenty of people lived within a mile of Auchwitz, and claimed they didn't know what was happening inside. It's easy to point at something, like Nelson Muntz (of the Simpsons), and say "Ha haw!", without offering any evidence of your own. Nelson doesn't have much influence, outside of grade-school.

I am keeping an open mind with regard to Alex Jones. So far, having seen what I have of his news programs, I have no reason to mistrust him. That doesn't mean I will blindly follow anything he says. It simply means I will use him as a source of news, and be glad he's there.

If you manage to produce an actual news story that Jones got wrong, will I continue to watch his programs? Probably yes. I challenge you to find ANY news agency that hasn't gotten something wrong. The same can be said of friends. I stopped looking for perfection in people a long time ago. Anyone whose merits outweigh his flaws, can be a valued friend.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com