Real-Time Video Streaming

So there's something you just HAVE to get off your chest, and it doesn't fit into any of the above catagories? All spam, rants, and random chatter belongs in here.
editor
Site Admin

Real-Time Video Streaming

Post by editor »

Last night on the Infowars Nightly News (http://www.prisonplanet.tv), David Knight interviewed Kris Cantu, from UStream.tv.

UStream is a website which offers free accounts to users, who can set up channels similar to YouTube. What sets UStream apart is that it offers aps for Android and Apple mobile devices, which allow live, real-time video streaming directly to your channel. The stream can be broadcast live, and/or stored on the site for later viewing.

This is huge. It opens up the world of live broadcasting to anyone with a mobile phone.

This is also a potential mantle of protection to many activists who have reason to fear reprisals. For instance, if you are pulled over at a traffic stop, you immediately start streaming from your mobile phone. Advise the officer he is being recorded, and that the stream is being transmitted offsite in real time. This way he knows that even if he seizes and destroys your recording device, he cannot destroy the record of what he has done.

For those of you who watched Eddie Craig's material I linked to awhile back, remember he recommends never leaving the house without a recording device.

What an awesome tool for instruction if, for instance, we have links in our Travel Rights section, showing dozens of actual traffic stops. Even if the traveller does everything wrong, we can give suggestions as to what might have worked better. In this way, all of us will benefit over time.

The ease of use of this site, and it's large (and growing) membership, is also one of its disadvantages-- it seems a little hard to find things there, unless you're looking for a particular channel you already know exists. They'll probably fix this over time.

I invite members to utilize this Forum as a resource to post links to videos you may make there, or anywhere else.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
editor
Site Admin

Re: Real-Time Video Streaming

Post by editor »

Test embed video:

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCemznb6Lc

Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/65993774
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

Thank you for emplementing the suggestion of embedded videos on the forum. It's nice to be able to click on the video and view it directly from lawful path. I have this feature on my forum as well. :D
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

iamfreeru2,

Are the two examples working on your system? I can't get them to play on mine, and I'm trying to figure out why.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

Very nice post!

BTW... The videos are working on my wife's Vista system. I haven't tried my Linux system yet.
Thomas
iamfreeru2

Post by iamfreeru2 »

editor wrote:iamfreeru2,

Are the two examples working on your system? I can't get them to play on mine, and I'm trying to figure out why.

Sorry Gregory, did not see your post till today and, yes they are working on my system.
I am called Michael, a bond servant of the Chirst
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Thanks for the feedback.

They're still not working on mine-- I'll figure it out eventually.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com