Child Support Arrears Contempt?

So there's something you just HAVE to get off your chest, and it doesn't fit into any of the above catagories? All spam, rants, and random chatter belongs in here.
Dumpster

Child Support Arrears Contempt?

Post by Dumpster »

I went through a very ugly divorce back in the 80's. I was court ordered to pay a very bogus amount of child support due to several fraudulent aspects.

Please don't get me wrong; I had no problem paying child support, I love my kids and I wanted the best for them, and during the years they were growing up I worked 2 and 3 jobs paying $260,000 of support.

Due to the crazy amount I was ordered to pay some months I fell short of the monthly amount. Now I have a large arrears amount of which I have been held in contempt of court and jailed twice.

My kids are grown an emancipated living on their own.

I, myself, after having loss pretty much everything and even been homeless due to being jailed am still struggling.

My drivers license has been suspended, my credit ruined, liens put on bank accounts, etc.

I tried to get an I.D. and was turned down because my birth certificate wasn't acceptable. I also tried to get a replacement social security card and was denied that.

I'd still be homeless if it wasn't for a great woman (fiancé) that works and supports us.

I would like to get a job, but with out I.D. or a S.S. card it makes it difficult.

My main question is if using UCC 1-308 could help me from getting harassed by the court and jailed for contempt again?

Also, what can you suggest I do to get a job with out I.D. or a social?

Thank you for your time and attention.
editor
Site Admin

Re: Child Support Arrears Contempt?

Post by editor »

I tried to get an I.D. and was turned down because my birth certificate wasn't acceptable. I also tried to get a replacement social security card and was denied that.
If you want a State I.D., you should be able to get one without a birth certificate, if you present two affidavits of live birth, given under penalty of perjury.

By the way, just curious, if your driver's license was suspended, that means you had one at one time. What did you do to get one then, if you didn't have a valid birth certificate, and didn't know about affidavits of live birth?
My main question is if using UCC 1-308 could help me from getting harassed by the court and jailed for contempt again?
Reservation of rights is always a good idea. It may or may not prevent harassment, but it could save you from more serious consequences.

I remember a story by Jack Smith of Right Way L.A.W. (which I have not independently verified) about General George Custer (of Little Big Horn fame). Custer was admitted to West Point where, as Smith's story goes, cadets were required to sign an oath of allegiance which obligated them to certain specific and general duties of performance, and for which they assumed liability of punishment for violations. Sorry to be so vague, but I heard this only once, nearly 20 years ago.

Anyway, Custer was lax in signing and submitting his oath, and for some reason it was overlooked. Sometime later, Custer allegedly committed some act for which he was found guilty, and the punishment was death. At sentencing, Custer demanded the court present his signed oath. The court was unable to produce it because he had never signed it. As a result, they were unable to execute him.

If any of our reader/historians know more about this case, I'd like to have the information, and know that it's true. But for me the story has always emphasized the importance of the contracts by which we allow ourselves to be bound.
Also, what can you suggest I do to get a job with out I.D. or a social?
One suggestion is that you can own a corporation. Either buy an existing one, or form one yourself. A registered agent will have to provide a SS number at the time the corporation acquires a tax number, but that can be a friend, or someone you hire for that purpose.

This won't help you in "getting a job" in the traditional sense. But it does make it easier to be a private contractor. You may even find that being your own boss is more fun and more profitable than being someone's employee.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
Dumpster

Post by Dumpster »

I will investigate what it takes to get the 2 live birth affidavits.

I had gotten a drivers license back in the early 80's when I was 16 yrs old with no problem. I guess they weren't as anal back then and took my S.S. card and birth cert. (I was made in Japan by American parents; my father was in the US Navy stationed there) And (My birth cert. is from a US Navy hospital and they now decline it as proper).

I've been given the 'run around' from any government office I try to get info from about getting 'Some New Kind Of Birth Certificates' they will honor. Hell, I've even been told to make an appointment with the CDC.

I always renewed my drivers license just before it expired with little problem until I let it expire for a while.

I never heard that about Custer, but I love investigating; so if I come up with any other reference to the story to corroborate it I'll be sure to let you know.

As for as working/income; I tried to post items that where /are listed on Amazon onto Ebay with a small mark-up, but I haven't sold anything. Next I was going to try posting items from Etsy, the site that list hand made items, on Ebay. Essentially, I was just trying to be the middle man and have stuff drop-shipped to the purchaser so I wouldn't have any hands on handling.

Side note: Off topic - I'm reading a great book accessed through a site titled 'Minuteman Liberty' at http://mhkeehn.tripod.com You might/probably already know about this site, but if not, there are several articles I've found very informative. (Book - 'Shinola' By Gary R. Owen - http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/Shinola101.pdf )

Thank you for your time and attention; it is appreciated.
mfalkner

Post by mfalkner »

Where there is a right there is a remedy. If the arrears are fraudulent or bogus, in what world do you have to pay? The one where you don't care and just pay? The one where it never gets challenged? The one where lawlessness prevails? The one where the due course of law proves the fact and the law, even if it requires a grand jury to make true presentment? I'd say, yea.