Conspiracy Theories

So there's something you just HAVE to get off your chest, and it doesn't fit into any of the above catagories? All spam, rants, and random chatter belongs in here.
editor
Site Admin

Conspiracy Theories

Post by editor »

The phrase "conspiracy theory" has been used for years to denigrate anyone who challenges the preferred spin on events. A good essay on this issue was written by Dave McGowan and can be found on the the Lawful Path at
http://lawfulpath.com/ref/conspiracyTheory.shtml

Have you noticed there are certain "foundational issues" that nearly all Americans take for granted? Beliefs that seem to be the underpinning of everything else they believe?

Back in the 1990s there was a group in Michigan that specialized in the study of the foundational history of laws, and the factual history of events. Once a month on a Saturday, they rented a large auditorium at the college in Mt. Pleasant and invited speakers to present their research. The event usually drew an audience of between 300 and 500. I was a regular speaker, and it was a great learning experience for me.

On at least a few occasions, I presented information which I knew would be hard to swallow, because it would challenge commonly held foundational beliefs.

I developed a tactic of first addressing some other commonly held belief, and destroying it. Then, with my audience in a more accepting frame of mind, I would proceed to my real topic.

One of my favorite icebreakers was to ask how many people were sure that George Washington was the first president of the United States of America. This never failed to draw out many true believers. It was then quite easy to destroy this belief by explaining the timeline of the Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation. Funny how the thirteen years between the signing of the Declaration, and the ratification of the Constitution are seldom given much thought. Blame the government f(sh)ool system. But once it's correctly explained, it is easy to demonstrate that Washington was the tenth, not the first president.
See http://lawfulpath.com/ref/presidents/presidents.shtml

The reactions I've gotten from people who suddenly realize they've swallowed a big lie, and have only just awakened, are interesting. Anger, general confusion, sometimes physical anxiety.

It was also instructive for me. One time I asked for a show of hands as to how many people believed that the majority of news stories they saw on television, and read in the newspapers, were on the average, essentially factual as reported. Out of an audience of close to 500, I estimated over 90% raised their hands. I asked everyone to hold their hands up as they looked around the room, so they could see how many agreed.

Then I asked for a show of hands as to how many people had, at some time in their lives, been party to, or witness to an event which had made the news, and of which they had actual firsthand knowledge. Roughly half the group raised their hands. I asked them once again to keep their hands raised, while they looked around the room at the number of hands up.

Now I asked, "Those of you with your hands up, please keep them raised only IF you believe that the news story was factually correct, according to your own firsthand knowledge. Everyone who believes the story of which they had firsthand knowledge was NOT correctly reported, please put your hands down."

More than two hundred hands had been raised, and when they came down, only three remained. Again, I asked them to look around the room.

"Here's something you need to think about," I told them. "All this time, you've probably thought it was a fluke that the one or two events of which you had firsthand knowledge were not correctly and factually reported. What do you think now?"

I let the crowd murmer amongst themselves for about a minute, while I pretended to shuffle my notes. Then I said, "I'd like to do one more survey, if I may. Given what you've all just seen, may I have a show of hands once more? Which of you STILL believe the majority of news stories you see on television, and read in the newspapers, are on the average, essentially factual as reported?"

This time, only about 10% raised their hands, and those, as they looked around the room, quickly and nervously put them down.

A few years ago I got a taste of my own medicine, when I read Dave McGowan's online series of essays called Wagging the Moondoggie.
http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/

This series deals with the American space program in general, and the Apollo flights in particular. Some of Dave's language is a little rough, but it deals in facts, not conspiracies.

Before I read this, I was one of those people who refused to believe or even listen to any suggestion the moon landings might have been faked. The "unquestionable truth" of the moon landings was one of my foundational beliefs. After reading it, I realized it is not even possible to engage in a realistic debate on the issue. The moon landings were simply not possible.

If the "truth" of the moon landings is also one of your foundational beliefs, I encourage you to read Dave's essays on the subject. You might be surprised at what you're no longer willing or able to believe, given a few unbiased facts.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
notmartha

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by notmartha »

The (lack of) moon landing was one of the very first conspiracy facts that shook my foundational “truths”. I watched “Was it Only a Paper Moon” by James Collier in the ‘90’s. It was a low budget and low tech video, but interesting enough to make me want to read “NASA Mooned America” by Ralph Rene. Learning about the moon landing conspiracy taught me a valuable lesson. People want to be lied to. Arthur Schopenhauer, a philosopher, said, "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident". I rarely see people get past the second stage.

Part 1 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39LR3Jay0Q

Part 2 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMCkZFiSPg

Part 3 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOBfNhirKo

Part 4 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wyUHggFlqI

Part 5 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEFOH5xeG2s

Part 6 of Was it Only a Paper Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5rUUHZpvI

Or you can stream the entire video here:
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/3552484/ ... ier)_(1997

NASA Mooned America can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/office/G_55ClCd/ ... ph_Re.html
notmartha

A Conspiracy So Vast

Post by notmartha »

A Conspiracy So Vast
From HERE
By Andrew P. Napolitano
December 12, 2013
Readers of this page are well aware of the revelations during the past six months of spying by the National Security Agency (NSA). Edward Snowden, a former employee of an NSA vendor, risked his life and liberty to inform us of a governmental conspiracy to violate our right to privacy, a right guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment.

The conspiracy he revealed is vast. It involves former President George W. Bush, President Obama and their aides, a dozen or so members of Congress, federal judges, executives and technicians at American computer ISPs and telecoms, and the thousands of NSA employees and vendors who have manipulated their fellow conspirators. The conspirators all agreed that it would be a crime for any of them to reveal the conspiracy. Snowden violated that agreement in order to uphold his higher oath to defend the Constitution.

The object of the conspiracy is to emasculate all Americans and many foreigners of their right to privacy in order to predict our behavior and make it easier to find among us those who are planning harm.

A conspiracy is an agreement among two or more persons to commit a crime. The crimes consist of capturing the emails, texts and phone calls of every American, tracing the movements of millions of Americans and foreigners via the GPS system in their cellphones, and seizing the bank records and utility bills of most Americans in direct contravention of the Constitution, and pretending to do so lawfully. The pretense is that somehow Congress lessened the standard for spying that is set forth in the Constitution. It is, of course, inconceivable that Congress can change the Constitution (only the states can), but the conspirators would have us believe that it has done so.

The Constitution, which was written in the aftermath of the unhappy colonial experience with British soldiers who executed general warrants upon the colonists, forbids that practice today. That practice consists of judges authorizing government agents to search for whatever they want, wherever they wish to look. By requiring a warrant from a judge based on probable cause of criminal behavior on the part of the very person the government is investigating, however, and by requiring judges to describe particularly in the warrants they issue the places to be searched or the persons or things to be seized, the Constitution specifically outlaws general warrants.

This is more than just a constitutional violation; it is a violation of the natural right to be left alone. When that right is violated, when all of our private movements are monitored by the government, the menu of our free choices is reduced, as we surely alter our private behavior to compensate for being watched. And just as surely, the government expands its surveillance, knowing that it is not being watched.

As a result of these revelations, no one has been fired, except Snowden, and the conspiracy has grown. Earlier this week, The Washington Post reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is now spying on us. It seems that the FBI, no doubt jealous of the unpunished lawlessness of the NSA, has acquired software that permits it to utilize the tiny cameras in many home computers to observe whoever or whatever may be in front of the computer screen. The FBI doesn’t only look at whoever is using the computer screen; it also captures the words and images on the screen. It seems to have an affinity for monitoring online gaming, even the lawful variety.

In 1949, when George Orwell predicted in his terrifying novel “1984” the future use of television sets to watch us in our homes, many thought he was a delusional paranoid. It turns out that he was just off by a generation. His predictions have come to pass.

Like many growing conspiracies, this one has spawned others. The Washington Post also reported this week that local cops, too, are jealous of the NSA and its ability to break the law with impunity. In an effort to catch bad guys, local police in half a dozen American cities have begun to ask local telecom providers for a “tower dump.” A tower dump consists of digital recordings of all cellphone usage from a given cell tower.

When some telecoms balked at these requests, the cops went to judges, some of whom unlawfully authorized these dumps and some of whom declined. Frustrated that the NSA seems to get whatever it wants, some local police have used their own technology to spy. They’ve purchased a $400,000 device that mimics cellphone towers, drawing cellphone signals to it and enabling the cops to capture telephone calls without the cooperation of telecoms or permission from federal judges. That’s called hacking; it is a federal crime and in most areas a state crime, as well.

The assaults on personal freedom never seem to end. The very concept of violating the rights of many in order to catch a few — a practice perfected by tyrannical regimes — has been prohibited for 222 years by the same Constitution that the perpetrators of these practices and the conspirators in these schemes have sworn to uphold.

Sometimes, dissents in Supreme Court decisions articulate American values better than majority opinions do. Here is one from Justice Louis Brandeis that did: “The makers of our Constitution undertook to secure conditions favorable to the pursuit of happiness. They recognized the significance of man’s spiritual nature, of his feelings, and of his intellect. They knew that only a part of the pain, pleasure and satisfactions of life are to be found in material things. They sought to protect Americans in their beliefs, their thoughts, their emotions and their sensations. They conferred, as against the government, the right to be let alone — the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men.”
If we permit the government to destroy that right, we will live under tyrannies similar to the ones we thought we defeated.
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

The information and links in the posts above really help to explain the apathy and indifference that modern society has with regard to the world around it. I think it's a symptom of the decline of our culture that more people don't take the time to question all of what they hear and half of what they see.

"Why did the twin towers fall straight down instead of topple over?"

"Why was the hole in the pentagon smaller than the body of an airliner?"

"Why were there no craters under the thrusters of the lunar landers?"

"Why hasn't the moon flown away from the earth?" Wait, WHAT?!

(This may be where the "nutso-cuckoo" side of Thomas Jeffrey finally gets exposed...)

This may not fall right into a legitimate conspiracy theory, but it falls into a certain category of "Believe it or be demonized" ideas that most may not be aware of. Just like propagating the theory of evolution and made up dinosaurs, I believe there is a concerted effort to deceive people into believing that the earth revolves around the sun.

Are you laughing at me yet?

Look, before the early 1500's everyone "knew" that the Earth was the center of everything. Why wouldn't they? They saw everything else moving, but not them. Heliocentricity was not even a thought until Copernicus made it up in the early 16th century. The sun-worshippers snatched up the theory and ran with it as scientific fact and it has been brutally defended ever since.

The sun revolves around the earth. Can this be too wild of a claim to be true? There is actually a lot of information available online about geocentricity, where Earth is at the orbital center of our solar system.

Think of this for a moment: Gravity is a weak force. Anyone with a functional leg and relatively weak muscle structure can defy gravity by simply jumping or hopping. Now think how much stronger a magnet is than gravity. Picture an electromagnet in a junk yard raising tons of junk off the ground.

Modern scientists say that 1,300,000 Earths can fit into the sun (Do they know for sure?). Now picture a magnet the size of a BB sitting on a golf tee in the middle of a field. That represents Earth. Also picture a magnet the size of a wrecking ball placed 138.5 feet away. That represents the sun. Do you honestly believe that the wrecking ball magnet would have any negligible effect on the little BB magnet at that distance? No, not even on ice. Magnets are not that strong.

Now imagine swinging a ball, even a Styrofoam ball, very slowly on a string. Let the string go. The ball will fly away, even opposite the gravitational pull. Centrifugal force can be very strong, especially when coupled with high mass and velocity.

So the whole theory that the gravitational force of celestial bodies are perfectly balanced with centrifugal force to keep them in orbit does not hold water. Gravity is weaker than magnetism, and even magnetism could not pull the Earth into the sun from 93,000,000 mile away if they were both standing still.

Now check out the purported rotation of the Earth around the sun, coupled with the rotation of the moon around the Earth and you are left with a physical impossibility. At some point in the centrifugal rotation of the Earth, the moon would be heading the opposite direction of the Earth in its orbit around the sun. As soon as either gravity or centrifugal force became the stronger force, the whole enchilada would be out of balance and either the moon would hit the Earth, or it would fly off into space. Think about it. It takes more force move the moon the opposite direction of its momentum as it moves around the sun with the Earth.

Scripture tells us that the Earth is on foundations, and hangs on nothing. It tells us that the sun has a circuit. It tells us the sun and moon stopped for Joshua. It tells us the Earth was made first, then then the sun moon, and stars (which were then spread across the heavens). It tells us the Earth is immoveable.

Someone is lying.

Any thoughts? Am I nuts?
Thomas
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Is the moon a light or a reflector of light? Does the sun move or not? I can't tell you one way or the other, but I've thought about the same things.

From the Septuagint:
Genesis 1:14-19

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, to divide between day and night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and for years. And let them be for light in the firmament of the heaven, so as to shine upon the earth, and it was so. And God made the two great lights, the greater light for regulating the day and the lesser light for regulating the night, the stars also. And God placed them in the firmament of the heaven, so as to shine upon the earth, and to regulate day and night, and to divide between the light and the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.
From

Ferrar Fenton’s translation:
Genesis 1: 14-19

GOD further said, “Let reflectors appear in the expanse of the Heavens for a division between the day and the night; and let them serve to mark seasons, periods, and years; and let them also illuminate the expanse of the skies so as to reflect their light upon the Earth;” and that was done. GOD had made two large luminaries, the larger one to control the day, and the smaller one to control the night, accompanied by the stars. And GOD had fixed them in the heavenly expanses so as to illuminate the Earth, to control the day and to control the night, and to mark the division between the light and darkness; and GOD saw they were beautiful. This was the close and the dawn of the fourth age.

Galileo didn't invent his telescope until 1609. He was arrested and tried, in part, for saying that the moon was not a light. King James 1 was sent Galileo's book, The Starry Messenger, in 1610, a year before he "authorized" the KJV. Galileo's telescope turned the world upside down (literally and figuratively). Galileo also stated that the sun stood still, a heliocentric universe, rather than the earth standing still. This too was considered a heresy. Does the sun stand still or move? I won't claim to know. In Enoch it says it moves. In the Companion Bible it says it moves. In Joshua, it indicates that it moves, otherwise the sun "standing still" would not have been a miracle. But I've been taught all my life that it stands still. The translators of the Bible seemed to think it moved. Were they right or wrong?

I attached Appendix 12 from the Companion Bible that discusses "the stars also", and the various cycles in the heavens.
Attachments
appendix 12 the stars also.pdf
(77.62 KiB) Downloaded 1994 times
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

BTW, you don't think there were huge creatures that are today called dinosaurs? No behemoths? Or was that something other than a dinosaur? Kent Hovind did an excellent series on evolution vs creation, and how there were actual large reptilian creatures that became extinct after the flood. It seemed feasible. :)
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

It's interesting that you ask if the moon is a light or a reflector. I spent a little time, not so long ago, over the period of a few weeks, trying to determine just that. By just watching and paying attention to the location of the moon in relation to the sun and what part of the moon was visible, it appeared that the moon is a reflector. Maybe we'll actually go there one day to confirm it. :)

Thank you you for that attachment. That was very interesting! I think I'll have to pick up a Companion Bible pretty soon even if it's just to read the other appendixes. I presume E.W. Bullinger is the the go-to Author for this?

As for dinosaurs, I certainly believe that there may have been a few large creatures roaming the earth that were extinguished by the flood. Do I believe there were nearly as many types and species as being claimed? No way! Nor were they all super ferocious reptilian carnivores. Man would not have survived to see the flood if that were the case.

What really gets me riled up is that these pseudo-scientists, called paleontologists, in order to keep receiving grants for there “research” and gain popular public interest for the same, have created some of these creatures from just a few buried bones. Not only have they formed whole skeletal systems around just a few bones, but they have given these creatures scales, color, hair, spots, stripes, beards, lips, mohawks, toenails, eyelashes, armour plates, etc., and are selling this to the public as fact. And the public at large just can't seem to get enough of it.

Have you watched some of the documentaries on TV about dinosaurs? The quislings that put these shows together appear to know everything there was to know about these creatures. What they preferred to eat, what they spit out, how they digested it, how they mated, gave birth, nursed their young, how fast they could swim, how fast they could fly, which ones were aggressive and which ones weren't, and even how far they would migrate. And the list goes on and on ad nauseam. You find the same thing in museums.

There is absolutely no way to know anything about these creatures, other than there were some big ones, from just a few bones. The rest is all made up. Theoretical nonsense sold as fact. That's what disgusts me.

Man has made a lot of progress in the applied sciences. Just look around at the technology that we have today. But, unfortunately, when it comes to the theoretical sciences (or pseudosciences), only the researchers who's studies and theories that help to discredit Scripture seem to get funded. Let's face it, they don't work in fields that produce anything marketable. So they must create some interest in what they do to get funded, and I think these kooks really start to believe what they're saying. It's sad.

I can see that I'm ranting now... sorry. I get passionate for the truth and disgusted by those who perpetuate lies for gain. If the truth is not known that's okay. Just say so and continue to seek it.

God bless,
Thomas
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

It's interesting that you ask if the moon is a light or a reflector. I spent a little time, not so long ago, over the period of a few weeks, trying to determine just that. By just watching and paying attention to the location of the moon in relation to the sun and what part of the moon was visible, it appeared that the moon is a reflector. Maybe we'll actually go there one day to confirm it. :)
What? This isn't true? :lol:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... g/4030639/
Thank you you for that attachment. That was very interesting! I think I'll have to pick up a Companion Bible pretty soon even if it's just to read the other appendixes. I presume E.W. Bullinger is the the go-to Author for this?
[/quote]

All the appendixes are here:
http://www.levendwater.org/companion/in ... anion.html
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

I figure the Chinese have the U.S. over a barrel. The U.S. can't very well say, "You Chinese didn't go to the moon, it's impossible!" Heck, I've been to moon too. Can you prove I haven't?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Interesting discussion here.

As long as I can remember, I've reflected on all the "knowledge" that people take for granted. It's not easy to separate those things which are true from those which you believe just because everyone else does.

My favorite science fiction writer is Vernor Vinge. He wrote a series of stories about an invention called the "bobble". I won't spoil the story, just hedge around it a little. It started with a short story called The Pilgrim's Apprentice, published in an anthology called True Names. He developed it further in The Peace War, and a side story called The Ungoverned Lands, and finished with Marooned in Realtime.

Although I was raised in a household where I learned to believe that small government was better than big government, it never occurred to me that no government might be best of all. Not until I read these books by Vinge. It was there that I read about people who did just fine without courts by subscribing to arbitration services; without police by subscribing to protection services or, better yet, taking advantage of current weapons technology. A story in which the antagonist was one of the last surviving governments.

Those stories opened my eyes to larger possibilities in self-reliance than I had previously imagined and were, at least in part, an impetus in inspiring me to co-write the Court Rules for Christ county.

The books are out of print, but you can still buy copies on Amazon. Isn't the Internet cool? If you like fiction and have time to read, I highly recommend them, as well as other stories by Vinge.

Science fiction often has a way of becoming reality, as we have seen in many ways over recent years.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com