Under What Law do Police Operate

Discussion on creating and maintaining Conflicts of Law
ronaldfarnham

Under What Law do Police Operate

Post by ronaldfarnham »

I called the Brevard County [Florida] Sheriff's Department to ask under what form of Law do Policy Enforcers [Police Officers] operate. After several attempts and running into many ignorant fellows who could not answer my question I was forwarded to the Palm Bay, Florida police station and spoke with a Deputy. I asked him under what Law do the Police operate. He chuckled and said "Let me guess, you are a sovereign." I said, "I am a human person living in the land of America that has been taken over by the UNITED STATES CORPORATION. But that is not my question. My question is, under what law do police operate." He said that they enforce state statutes and the UNITED STATES constitution. I said do we operate under Admiralty Law? He said that they enforce state statutes and the UNITED STATES constitution.

My question is; Under what form of law do police operate? Is it Admiralty Law?
editor
Site Admin

Re: Under What Law do Police Operate

Post by editor »

Good question, ronaldfarnham.

You might get as many different answers as we have readers here, but I'll give you mine:

The police operate under "public policy."

If you look in the law dictionaries, the term "public policy" is made to sound benevolent. However, the bottom line is really, "Whatever they can get away with."

Most of the cops are well-meaning people, and have no idea that is their guiding law. That's what the States' statutes are there for, so that the well-meaning good people may be deceived into doing evil while they believe they're following "The Law". When they violate those statutes by, for example, fabricating evidence or lying on the stand, they believe it is for a good cause.

Even the statutes themselves are stacked against the average guy who, if he knew his rights and his character, would not be subject to most of those statutes in the first place.

It's obvious to anyone who thinks about it, the cops don't follow the Constitution. No one does-- not a single alphabet-soup federal agency is authorized by the Constitution. Nowhere in the Constitution are the feds empowered to enact federal statutes that have any applicability within the States; their authority is limited to the District of Columbia and various territorial possessions.

The largest body of States' laws are ordinances designed to extract money from the population. They sell these statutes as "for your own good," but no one wants you to change your behavior because if you do, they won't make money any more. Take the DWI laws for example. They have to keep lowering the legal blood-alcohol percentage, because otherwise they can't make enough money. There's no real law that says any of this applies to you, but as long as enough people believe there is, they can keep doing it under "public policy."

It's not a government, it's a business. And not an ordinary business, because they can make up the rules as they go along. Call it organized crime, because without a static, reliable set of laws that apply equally to everyone, that's the only thing you can call it.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
notmartha

Re: Under What Law do Police Operate

Post by notmartha »

ronaldfarnham wrote: My question is, under what law do police operate." He said that they enforce state statutes and the UNITED STATES constitution. I said do we operate under Admiralty Law? He said that they enforce state statutes and the UNITED STATES constitution.
The cop actually answered you correctly.

Latin politia means "citizenship; government; civil polity”. It is the root for police, policy, politic.

Police enforce the policy (administration of government including statutes, rules, regulations, constitutions, etc.) of the body politic (public).

If you are a member of the body politic, i.e. a citizen of the UNITED STATES, or have contacts with the body politic, the policies will be enforced on you. And they do operate by force.